Slow cooker rump roast is one of the most popular meals in our home. It was also a popular meal in our family when I was growing up. My mom made it on a regular basis. The smell always brings back happy memories. Can you relate?
The recipe below is so easy, so healthy and so delicious. Of course, it’s not as yummy as my momma’s but I’m biased. She is a way better cook than I ever will be.
I only wish I would have paid more attention to what she was trying to teach me in the kitchen growing up. Now, I just bug her for the recipes. Ha!
Slow Cooker Rump Roast Options
- This slow cooker rump roast can be slow-cooked on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Personally, I use the low setting.
- You can use turnip instead of potato. That is one of my favourite swaps but I am a turnip lover.
- Of course, feel free to add your own spices. If you change it up, be sure to let me know what spices you used in the comments section below.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, use the oven and set the temperature to 325F and roast for 30 minutes per pound of beef.
This recipe is dairy-free, meal plan friendly, and super high in protein. You can eat this for days and it gets better each time.
⭐️ If you use my recipe, please give it a rating and let me know what you think in the comments section. Did you make any substitutions or changes? I would love to hear about it.
Slow Cooker Rump Roast
- 1 Slow cooker
- 2 lbs. 900g beef rump roast
- 1 tsp. + ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion cut into chunks
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 ½ cup 360ml beef broth
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Season the beef with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper.1 tsp. + ½ tsp. salt, ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot on high heat.2 tbsp. olive oil
- Sear the beef on all sides until well browned, about 3-4 minutes on each side.2 lbs. 900g beef rump roast
- Place the roast into the bowl of a slow cooker and add in the carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic.2 carrots, 3 potatoes, 1 yellow onion, 2 garlic cloves
- In a large bowl, mix the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, and season with ½ teaspoon of salt then pour over the beef and vegetables inside the slow cooker.1 ½ cup 360ml beef broth, 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- 395 kcal
- 13g fat
- 24g carbs
- 47g protein
- 3g fibre