How to Make Easy Gluten-Free Broccoli Sweet Potato Soup
This broccoli and sweet potato soup makes for a quick and easy healthy and delicious meal that serves four people. It takes only five minutes of preparation time and twenty minutes of cooking time.
The recipe is great for anyone following a gluten-free or vegetarian diet. The Greek yogurt is optional and you could always swap it for a dairy-free yogurt. Click here are some dairy-free yogurt alternatives by Go Dairy Free.
Broccoli Sweet Potato Soup – Easy to Prep and cook
To make the soup, you will need olive oil, white onion, broccoli stems or florets, sweet potato, vegetable stock, Greek yogurt, and salt and pepper.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and add the onion, broccoli stems, and sweet potato. Cook for five minutes, then add the stock and cold water, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and add the broccoli florets, cooking for an additional 15 minutes until the sweet potato has softened.
Once cooked, set aside the soup to cool slightly, and use a hand blender to blend it until smooth. Divide the soup between four serving bowls and top with yogurt, gently swirling it in. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
This soup is not only easy to make, but it is also nutritious. Each serving contains only 187 calories, 5g of fat, 30g of carbs, and 9g of protein, making it a great option for a healthy meal.
If you are a soup lover, try my Thai Instant Noodle Soup recipe here.
Broccoli and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 Deep sauce pan
- 1 Immersion blender
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 broccoli head florets and stems coarsely chopped
- 2 medium sweet potato peeled chopped
- 4 cups 950ml vegetable stock
- ½ cup 120g Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, broccoli stems and sweet potato and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 white onion, 1 broccoli head, 2 medium sweet potato peeled
- Add the stock and add 2 cups (480ml) of cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, and add broccoli florets. Cook for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato has softened.4 cups 950ml vegetable stock, 1 broccoli head
- Set aside to cool slightly, then use a immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Divide the soup between 4 serving bowls, top with yogurt and gently swirl. Season to taste and serve immediately.salt and pepper, ½ cup 120g Greek yogurt
- 187 cal
- 5g fats
- 30g carbs
- 9g protein
👩🏻💻 Rate My Recipe
Please scroll to the bottom of this page and rate my recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section. Did you try it? Was it easy to make for you? Did you make any substitutions or changes? I would love to hear about it.
And if you liked it, get more recipes through the buttons below.
FITNESS & WELLNESS FOR WOMEN 40+
Get my support to build a leaner and stronger body. Make it a lifestyle! Check out my GO FIT LIFE Community below, a place where women 40+ use a sensible and sustainable approach to reach goals.