Get ready to spice up your dinner routine with this mouth-watering curried cod in tomato sauce recipe! Bursting with flavor and easy to make, this dish is perfect for anyone looking to add some excitement to their meals.
The tender and succulent cod fillets are perfectly complemented by the spicy curry powder, aromatic ginger, and savory tomato sauce. Plus, with the added protein and fiber from the chickpeas, this recipe is both satisfying and nutritious.
No need to settle for boring dinners when you can whip up this delectable and easy-to-follow recipe in no time.
Ingredient Substitutes for Curried Cod in Tomato Sauce
Beans: If you don’t have chickpeas, you can substitute them with other types of beans such as cannellini beans, kidney beans, or black beans. These beans will provide a similar texture and flavor to the dish.
Lentils: If you prefer, you can use lentils as a substitute for chickpeas. Lentils are a great source of protein and fiber and can be used in a variety of dishes.
Potatoes: Diced potatoes can also work as a substitute for chickpeas. They will add a different texture to the dish, but will still absorb the flavors of the curry and tomato sauce.
When substituting ingredients, make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that your substitute ingredient is cooked through.
Also, keep in mind that different ingredients may affect the overall flavor of the dish, so you may need to make slight adjustments to the seasoning to achieve the desired taste.
If you like cod recipes, check out ‘15 Cod Recipes Everyone Will Love‘ by A Couple of Cooks.
Curried Cod In Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large sauce pan with a lid
- 4 cod fillets 5 oz./140g each
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tbsp. ginger finely grated
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 x 14oz. 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 x 14 oz. 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 zest, then cut into wedge
- handful of fresh coriander to serve
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil over high heat in a large pan. Use a pan that has a lid!1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook the onion for 5 minutes, then stir in the curry powder, ginger and garlic. Cook for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.1 onion, 2 tbsp. curry powder, 2 tbsp. ginger, 3 garlic cloves
- Now, add in the tomatoes, and chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.2 x 14oz., 1 x 14 oz., salt and pepper
- Add in the cod fillets and cover them with the sauce. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-10 minutes until the fish is cooked through.4 cod fillets
- Once cooked, sprinkle over the grated lemon zest and chopped coriander. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.1 zest, then cut into wedge, handful of fresh coriander
- 303 cals
- 6g fats
- 30g carbs
- 32g protein
- 9g fibre
👩🏻💻 Rate My Recipe
Please scroll to the bottom of this page and rate my recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section. Did you try it? Was it easy to make for you? Did you make any substitutions or changes? I would love to hear about it.
And if you liked it, get more recipes through the buttons below.
7-DAY MEAL PLAN + 15 RECIPES
Check out this 7-day health meal plan and recipe ebook below. Includes nutritional information and a MFP barcode for every recipe. BONUS: workouts included!