Get ready to easily create a deliciously creamy broccoli salad with bacon!
This dish will satisfy your desire for a dish that’s both healthy and indulgent. It is an easy-to-make salad packed with flavour, crunch, and nutrition, making it the perfect side dish for any occasion, from family dinners to potlucks.
Plus, with just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow directions, you’ll have a mouth-watering nutritious meal in no time.
With the addition of crispy bacon and a creamy Greek yogurt dressing, this salad is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
So grab your apron and let’s dive into this easy recipe that’s sure to become a staple in your meal rotation.
Fun Facts About Broccoli and Bacon
It’s nice to know that healthy food can taste yummy. This creamy broccoli salad with bacon nourishes your body and pleases your taste buds. Check this out.
Broccoli Does What?
- Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that is high in vitamin C and fibre, which helps to support a healthy immune system and digestive system.
- Packed with antioxidants, such as lutein and zeaxanthin, broccoli can help to protect your eyes from damage and reduce the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration.
- It is also a low-calorie vegetable that is a good source of folate, potassium, and vitamin K, which are important for maintaining healthy bones and preventing heart disease.
Bacon Does What?
- Believe it or not, bacon is a good source of protein, which is important for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- Because bacon contains choline, it can help support healthy brain function and reduces the risk of cognitive decline.
- Also, bacon contains selenium, a mineral that plays a role in thyroid hormone metabolism and has antioxidant properties that help protect the body against oxidative stress.
If you love broccoli and bacon, check out this roasted broccoli and bacon recipe by Michelle Tam of nom nom Paleo. Delish!
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Pot
- For the salad dressing
- 1 cup 285g Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper
- For the salad
- 1 broccoli head cut into bitesize florets
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- ⅓ cup 50g almonds, chopped
- ½ small red onion diced
- 6 bacon rashers
For the Dressing
- Place all the ingredients for the salad dressing into a medium sized bowl1 cup 285g Greek yogurt, 4 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1 clove garlic
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, give a good stir to combine and set aside until needed.
For the Salad
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and cook the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, until just tender, then rinse in cold water, drain and place in a serving bowl.1 broccoli head
- Cook the bacon on a dry, non-stick pan over medium heat until brown and crispy. Set aside to cool, then break into smaller pieces.6 bacon rashers
- Add the pomegranate seeds, almonds, onion and crispy bacon to the serving bowl.1 pomegranate, ⅓ cup 50g almonds, chopped, ½ small red onion
- Drizzle with the salad dressing and mix until well combined.
- To serve, season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 267 cals
- 16g fats
- 20g carbs
- 13g protein
- 6g fibre
👩🏻💻 Rate My Recipe
Please scroll to the bottom of this page and rate my recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section. Did you try it? Was it easy to make for you? Did you make any substitutions or changes? I would love to hear about it.
And if you liked it, get more recipes through the buttons below.
7-DAY MEAL PLAN + 15 RECIPES
Check out this 7-day health meal plan and recipe ebook below. Includes nutritional information and a MFP barcode for every recipe. BONUS: workouts included!