How to Make Coconut Chicken In Sweet Chili Sauce
It kinda sounds complicated – coconut chicken in sweet chili sauce.
But guess what? It’s not! Because I don’t do complicated. I ain’t got time for data. Ha!
This recipe uses one wok, or frying pan, and takes only 25 minutes to make from start to finish. It is deeelish! One of my favs.
If you are not a fan of sweet chili sauce, I found five substitutes you can use from American Restaurant.
- Hot sauce and honey
- Plum sauce and hot sauce
- Chili sauce and sweetener
- Hoisin sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes
- Red chiles, honey, and vinegar
More One-Pan Chicken Recipes
Simple is really nice, and so are fewer dishes to clean up afterwards. Try my other one-pan chicken recipe – Pesto Zoodles with Chicken.
Coconut Chicken in Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Wok or frying pan
- 1.3 lb. 600g chicken breast, chopped
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- salt and pepper
For the Sauce
- ½ cup 120ml water
- 5 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- Season the chopped chicken with spices and season with salt and pepper. Then coat in 1 tablespoon of oil.1.3 lb. 600g chicken breast, chopped, ½ tsp. ground ginger, 1 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper, ½ tsp. garlic powder
- In a bowl or deep plate, combine the flour and desiccated coconut.4 tbsp. all-purpose flour, 4 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- In a separate bowl beat the egg and season with salt and pepper.1 egg, salt and pepper
- Coat the chicken, dipping it first into the beaten egg, then into the flour and coconut mixture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or a larger pan, over medium-high heat.1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Add the coated chicken to the wok or pan and fry for approximately 2-3 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and fry the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Now move the meat over to one side of the wok and pour water into the empty space and bring to a boil.½ cup 120ml water
- Add the sweet chili sauce and tomato ketchup, mix well and bring to the boil again.5 tbsp. sweet chili sauce, 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- Combine the sauce with the meat, stirring every now and then. Heat everything together and bring to a boil.
- Serve with rice and coriander.
- 368 cals
- 15g fats
- 20g carbs
- 36g protein
👩🏻💻 Rate My Recipe
Please scroll to the bottom of this page and rate my recipe. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section. Did you try it? Was it easy to make for you? Did you make any substitutions or changes? I would love to hear about it.
And if you liked it, get more recipes through the buttons below.
FITNESS & WELLNESS FOR WOMEN 40+
Get my support to build a leaner and stronger body. Make it a lifestyle! Check out my GO FIT LIFE Community below, a place where women 40+ use a sensible and sustainable approach to reach goals.