If you are looking for an easy and healthy carrot cake recipe with cream cheese frosting, you just found it. This cake is moist and utterly delicious. You do not need fancy equipment to make this recipe. This carrot cake is made from scratch. Homemade is best, right?
I absolutely love carrot cake! Unfortunately, most recipes I have tried are time-consuming and complicated. My skills in the kitchen are simple. Because of this, I prefer recipes that are not complicated. Sometimes I hack recipes to make them quick and easy without sacrificing the taste. However, that takes a bit of practice. After a few adjustments, the end result usually makes me very happy.
The frosting spreads pretty thin. I like a lot of frosting. Therefore, to satisfy my sweet tooth, I make a double batch. I’ll leave this up to you to decide.
I prefer to use flours from Anita’s Organic Mill. To be honest, I just love everything about this company. They have a great variety of flours. I purchase them at my local grocer. When I make this carrot cake, I use Anita’s spelt flour. I do not have to make any adjustments to the measurement when substituting regular white flour with spelt flour.
Check out these images. Warning: they will make your mouth water, and yes, the carrot cake is as good as it looks.
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
🔥 If you like this recipe, check out my Double Chocolate Chip Cookie by clicking here.
🔥 Want easy and healthy free recipes delivered to your inbox? I send out free and fun-themed recipe ebooks to my subscribers such as grain-free breakfasts, Vegan desserts, low-carb lunches, and so on. Sign up here and instantly receive a free copy of my 20 Post-Workout Protein Snack Recipes.
Easy and Healthy Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- hand blender
- 9" cake pan
For the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 3 large carrots, finely grated
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped + plus more to garnish
- ¾ cup pineapple, finely chopped, fresh or canned
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups all-purpose wheat flour, sifted
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
For the frosting:
- 4 ½ oz Philadelphia cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter, soft
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar or another similar type of sweetener that you prefer
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Keep the eggs at room temperature. Whisk them with a hand blender until they are double the volume. Add sugar and continue to whisk until the mass is smooth and fluffy.2 eggs, 1 cup coconut sugar
- Still whisking at high speed, slowly pour the oil, then transfer into a bowl. Add in the grated carrots, pineapple, walnuts, coconut and mix gently.2/3 cup olive oil, 3 large carrots, finely grated, 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped + plus more to garnish, 3/4 cup pineapple, finely chopped, fresh or canned, ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Sift flour into a separate bowl, add baking powder, soda, cinnamon, and salt, then mix well. Fold in with the carrot mixture and gently combine all ingredients.½ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt, 2 cups all-purpose wheat flour, sifted
- Transfer the dough into a 9 inch (24cm) cake pan lined with baking paper. Bake for 1 hour or an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before covering it with frosting.
To make the frosting:
- While the cake is baking, beat the cream cheese together with the soft butter and powdered sugar. Place in the fridge until ready to use.4 ½ oz Philadelphia cream cheese, ¼ cup butter, soft, 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Cut the completely cooled cake horizontally into two parts. Cover the bottom part with ⅓ of the frosting and then place the other piece of the cake back on top. Spread the remaining frosting over the top of the cake. Garnish with walnuts (optional).
- Store cake in the fridge.
- 279 kcal
- 17g Fats
- 30g Carbs
- 3g Protein
Please rate this recipe below. Did you make any modifications or ingredient substitutions? Tell us about it. 😊