This sweet cherry smoothie recipe will put a smile on your face!
It is made from all whole foods, easy and quick. This recipe is nourishing and a great fit for busy bodies.
Sweet cherries rock. They taste like candy AND they are super healthy. These foods are my fav because they satisfy my sweet tooth and nourish my body at the same time. Win-win!
Sweet cherries are an excellent source of potassium, iron, zinc, copper, and manganese. Here are three interesting facts about sweet cherries that I learned while researching:
- Sweet cherries have shown to help decrease inflammation, making them an excellent food to add to the daily diet of those suffering with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other inflammatory illnesses. They may also help the body heal after a hard workout due to their natural anti-inflammatory properties. For more information on the health and healing benefits of sweet cherries, click here.
- Sweet cherries contain a unique set of antioxidants, one of them being melatonin. Eating sweet cherries “can have a calming effect on brain neurons and the nervous system, soothing irritability, insomnia, headaches, and even helping to establish regular sleep patterns.” Read more by clicking here.
- Sweet cherries originate in Europe and Southwest Asia.
- Sweet cherries are classified as a fruit, not a berry. In order to be a berry, the food has to contain more than one seed. Neat, eh?
Okay, now that we learned some pretty cool stuff about this delightful fruit, let’s get on with making this sweet cherry smoothie.
SWEET CHERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup plain kefir
- 1 cup of sweet cherries
- 1 raw egg (optional)
- 1 little squeeze of fresh lemon
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- Top off with milk (or almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, etc).
Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Let me know how you like the recipe, or if you have one to share. I’m always on the hunt for new recipes. Creating in the kitchen is fun. It’s a food adventure!
Don’t forget to click on the recipe card below to download.
In health & fitness,