On the GO FIT LIFE website, email, and/or in-house business transactions the following is collected:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Credit card information
Information is collected from you when you:
- Register for an account
- Place an order
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Respond to a survey
- Fill out a form
- Purchase a service or product
- Make an appointment
The information collected from you is used in the following ways:
- To personalize the user’s experience
- To improve the website
- To improve customer service
- To administer contests, promotions, or a survey or other site feature
- To process transactions
- To send periodic emails
- To allow entry into programs and use of our services
- To create your member profile
- To allow posts in the news feed, groups, and forums
How does GO FIT LIFE protect visitor information?
- GO FIT LIFE does not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- GO FIT LIFE use an SSL certificate.
Does GO FIT LIFE use ‘cookies’?
GO FIT LIFE does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer Personally Identifiable Information.
GO FIT LIFE includes and offers third-party products or services on this website but your PII is not sold, traded, or transferred to them by GO FIT LIFE.
I have not enabled Google Adwords on my site but I may do so in the future.
GO FIT LIFE agrees to the following:
- Users can visit my site anonymously.
Users are able to change or delete their personal information in the following ways:
- By emailing Tammy: email@example.com
- By calling Tammy: 902-553-0310
- By freely deleting their account through Account Settings*
- By unsubscribing to all newsletters and emails through the unsubscribe link located in the footer.
*Users can delete their account through Account Settings by taking these steps:
- The user must first log into their account from the ‘Sign In’ link in the top menu or at https://gofitlife.ca/my-account
- From the left-hand sidebar menu, click ‘Account’ at the very bottom of the menu bar.
- From the Account Settings page, click ‘Delete Account.’
- Check the box “I understand the consequences” and click the ‘Delete Account’ button.
- Once the button is clicked, all user data will be permanently deleted from the GO FIT LIFE website.
NOTE: This action can not be reversed. User accounts are unrecoverable once they are deleted. If a user wishes to delete their account, it is a permanent deletion and 100% of all user data is removed.
How does this website handle do not track signals?
GO FIT LIFE honours them and does not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does GO FIT LIFE website allow third-party behavioural tracking?
This website allows third-party behavioural tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
GO FIT LIFE does not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices:
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices GO FIT LIFE will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
GO FIT LIFE will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
GO FIT LIFE agrees with the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
GO FIT LIFE collects your email address:
- To send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- To process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders I may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- To market to my mailing list or continue to send emails to clients after the original transaction has occurred.
GO FIT LIFE agrees to the following:
- Will NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Will identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Will include the physical address of my business or site headquarters.
- Will monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance if one is used.
- Will honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Will give an ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.