GO WALK TO RUN is a 4-week training plan designed for the very beginner with a low level of fitness and no previous running experience. This plan is excellent for those that have always thought about trying to run but can’t seem to find a plan gentle enough for them to give it a try. It is also great to use for beginner fitness levels who want to lose weight. Users should be ready to handle 30-minute workouts and 3 hours of total training per week.
The workouts are short and all low intensity so the beginner can train at a comfortable pace. The running intervals start at 10-seconds and gradually increase each week until they reach 30 seconds for the final week. This allows individuals using this training plan time to gradually adapt and settle into the training plan. It’s not about how far or hard you go, it’s just about getting out there and doing it.
NOTE: You will need a FREE basic TrainingPeaks account to purchase and utilize this plan. When you click “VIEW PLAN” you will be redirected to my TrainingPeaks online store where you can see sample workouts and more specific plan details. The plan is priced in US dollars.
This plan includes three walk-to-run sessions per week that can be done outside or inside on a treadmill. Each workout is structured and time-based. The user only has to concentrate on completing each workout and not worry about pace, distance, etc. In addition, I included quick links to my YouTube videos to guide the user through beginner core workouts for cross-training and post-workout stretches.
The plan is heart rate based using maximum heart rate units. Make sure you have your max heart rate values set properly in your TrainingPeaks settings to get the best results. 220 – your age = MHR.
Once you complete this 4-week plan, you will be ready to take your running to the next level. You don’t have to be fit to start, but you have to start to get fit. Believe in yourself!
Email support is ALWAYS included in every plan. If you have any questions about this plan, feel free to email me: email@example.com
- All workouts are structured with full details for each step
- Tracks your fitness to see progress via charts, graphs, scores, and peak performance notifications
- Tracks your calories burned when paired with the use of a heart rate monitor (strap or wrist)
- Personalize your account with metrics such as resting heart rate, power zones, and more
- Sync MyFitnessPal to your account to track food calories
- Pairs with your activity tracker; can upload workouts to your wrist
- Access and follow the plan from any device
- With a premium TrainingPeaks account, change the workouts around to suit your schedule better
- The overall plan is super easy to follow and manage
- Email support included
GEAR / SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- All gear related to walking and running
- For the strength training, dumbbells are optional
- Activate a FREE TrainingPeaks account
- Download the TrainingPeaks smartphone app for IOS or Android
This plan is best used with a compatible activity tracker or app but users can use the plan with no activity tracker just by marking the workouts complete when they are finished each workout.
If you do use a compatible activity tracker or app, such as Garmin, Strava, Apple Watch, FitBit, and so on, you can sync your device to your TrainingPeaks account. When you complete your workout session and save it on your activity tracker it will automatically upload your data to your TrainingPeaks account. If you follow my plan as stated, the workouts will automatically pair as well. This is a FANTASTIC training feature. When you view your workout data on TrainingPeaks you will see your fitness score, personal records, and more. You will not only feel yourself getting fitter but see the data to prove it! Super motivational!
- 9.99 US dollars
- to purchase click VIEW PLAN and you will be redirected to my TrainingPeaks store
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING
This particular plan has a 5-star rating and is a ‘Best Seller’ on the TrainingPeaks store. Also, you can read my Google Business Reviews.
If you have any questions or need more clarification on this plan, please feel free to email me.
The joy is in the journey!
Browse all my plans on the TrainingPeaks story by CLICKING HERE.
Shop my GO FIT LIFE store for other home-based fitness programs by CLICKING HERE.