The Fitness Instructor Specialist 25-hour certification course is a comprehensive course designed to increase your knowledge and confidence level to train clients in a group setting. The comprehensive course covers a wide range of topics preparing you for the exams and the career of a fitness instructor.
- No prior experience or certifications are needed to take this course.
- A free basic Zoom account is set up prior to the course.
- An understanding of how to use Zoom (practice).
- A secure and reliable internet connection so you do not get dropped during classes.
- Video and audio connections (ie: desktop computer with a webcam and built-in mic).
- Speak, read and write English.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Aspects of fitness, wellness and basic training principles
- Fitness theory: skeletal, muscular, neurological, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems
- Kinesiology/anatomy in action and bioenergetics
- Components of a fitness class from the warm-up to the cool-down
- Musicality: phrasing, cueing and appropriate music selection
- Leadership and motivation skills
- Special populations and injuries
COURSE DATES & TIMES:
- In-Person Course – Register with ID# 108757
- Sept 17, 18 & 19
- 9 AM – 6:30 PM (MDT)
- GO FIT LIFE Studio, 151 Silvanus Crescent, Fort McMurray
- PRO TRAINER: Tammy Slauenwhite
To ensure we have a successful learning environment, we have a 20 student capacity limit per course.
- Virtual Theory Exams List
- PRO TRAINER: Penny Gousios
- Thursday, Oct 21, 6 – 8:30 PM (MDT), ID# 105881
- Thursday, Oct 28, 6 – 8:30 PM (MDT), ID#
- Thursday, Nov 4, 6 – 8:30 PM (MDT), ID#
- Thursday, Dec 9, 6 – 8:30 PM (MDT), ID#
- Virtual Practical Exams List
- PRO TRAINER: Penny Gousios
- IMPORTANT: Please email Penny for the practical exam package which takes several hours to prepare and several more hours to practice BEFORE you attend your exam. We recommend you get your package a month prior to your practical exam date so you have plenty of time to prepare the class and practice with your mock clients (4 participants required). Students who properly prepare for this exam and most successful in passing the final component of the FIS certification process. A mark of 80% or higher is required to pass this exam.
- Saturday, Oct 16, 9 – 10 AM (MDT), ID#
- Saturday, Oct 23, 9 – 10 AM (MDT), ID#
- Saturday, Nov 6, 9 – 10 AM (MDT), ID#
- Saturday, Dec 11, 9 – 10 AM (MDT), ID#
Did you know that canfitpro certification courses are recognized nationally AND internationally? Read about it here as well as many other FAQs about canfitpro certifications.
FEES & REGISTRATION:
- Early Bird Rates apply to registrations received more than three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the event.
- The Non-Member Rates include a one-year canfitpro Professional membership.
- CLICK HERE to visit the FIS course page for more info and view fees.
NOTE: All questions regarding fees, registration, memberships, and more are to be directed to canfitpro as we teach the courses but do not handle administration for the courses or organization.
To see all our canfitpro courses – CLICK HERE
These tutorials will help you get registered for the FIS course, help prepare for the course, and help you get set up for the theory exam and practical exam.
How to order the Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS) Certification Course
How to Prepare for Your Fitness Instructor Specialist (FIS) Certification Course
How to Prepare for Your FIS Theory Exam